September 17, 2010

Hello Kitty Bday cake!

My daughter's 3rd Birthday is TODAY!  She was very specific on what she wanted for a cake.  PINK.  Hello Kitty. SPRINKLES.  I think I did it!  I used her Hello Kitty coloring book for a reference..and kept it simple.  The sprinkles in the bow was the perfect finishing touch.  My sweet pea has already claimed the bow as HER piece of cake!  :)

(I used the Pillsbury strawberry cake mix and frosting..I don't have time to make a real cake!  It's ok, because it's D-lish!!  I got the decorative icing at HyVee *local grocery store* in the cake section.  I just got pink and black, and a set of the decorating tips..for all of $5 total.  So this whole cake only cost about $10!)

That's my little sweet pea eating a cupcake..I'm totally the coolest mom ever.  I made a few cupcakes so we could have some when the cake was done..I knew she wouldn't tolerate waiting one whole day!  It was a very good idea!!  No tantrums!  :)

The party is tonight...so this cake will be demolished soon!  Happy Birthday to my sweet heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment